Pin It

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Lemon Vegetable Salad

After speaking  with my sister on the phone yesterday, she had mentioned that she had friends from South Africa that make a salad called "Sambal". I decided that I just had to have some of it because it sounded so light and refreshing, not to mention delicious! I have always known Sambal to be a chili type sauce, so I decided to change the name to a lemon vegetable salad just in case the title was lost in interpretation or something. There is no recipe, as it just required blending a bunch of vegetables together and tossing with lemon, salt and pepper. So next time you want to have a side salad and you want it to be lighter and hardly any calories  at all, try this one. Super healthy and amazingly tasty!
*Next time I make it I will try adding avocado and some crushed red pepper. 
Cucumber
Fresh Tomatoes
Red Onion
Fresh jalapenos
Cilantro
Fresh garlic
Bell pepper
Lemon Juice
Salt/Pepper to taste

Chop all vegetables into bite size pieces. Toss together with lemon juice, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment