Pin It

Monday, June 11, 2012

Rigatoni with Parmesan and Broccoli

Today was the type of day where I wasn't on top of my game mentally. So when I found this recipe, I had nothing in me to even think about adding to it or taking away from it like I usually do with recipes. I'm actually glad now that I didn't change it at all as it turned out really great. After a wonderful afternoon hanging out with a sweet friend, I also didn't have a lot of time to cook for dinner. So this recipe was perfect because it was very quick and super easy to throw together. Will I make this one again? Definitely yes, although the hubby has requested to put grilled chicken in it next time. Sounds like a great suggestion to me!

Recipe Source: http://allthatsplatters.blogspot.com/2011/06/rigatoni-with-broccoli-garlic.html
*There was much more broccoli and cheese in our dinner. My camera went nuts and only took blurry pictures, so I had to go back and take pictures of our leftovers, after we had eaten most of the goodies out of it! 


1 pound broccoli florets
1 pound rigatoni
5 tablespoons olive oil
1⁄3 cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
5 cloves garlic,  thinly sliced
1⁄4- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1⁄2 cup grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese
Salt to taste

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Set aside.

Bring the water back to a boil and add the pasta.While the pasta cooks, heat 2 Tbsp of the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over low heat. Add the bread crumbs, stirring, until the crumbs are golden brown. Remove the breadcrumbs to a small bowl and set aside.

Return the skillet to the heat and add the remaining olive oil, garlic, and pepper flakes.Cook for aout 1 minute, then stir in the broccoli. Stir the broccoli to coat it with the oil and taste for seasoning.  Keep warm while pasta is cooking, but don't burn the broccoli.

Drain the pasta and add it to the broccoli mixture. Cook over high heat for 1 minute. Stir in the bread crumbs and cheese. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy yummy! 2 of Casey's favorite things..pasta and broccoli! Thanks Joni, once again you've given me something easy and delicious to make for dinner!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Angie! I hope you all love it. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete