Pin It

Monday, December 20, 2010

Cranberry Pineapple Yams

I found two yams left in  my refrigerator that really were asking to be used before they expired. I contemplated just making the good ole holiday yams, but then the side of me that likes to experiment kicked in. I boiled the yams, then mashed them with a little bit of butter, some whipping cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cranberry juice and pineapple juice. I also took some dried cranberries and coated them in flour (in order to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the dish) and tossed those into the mashed mixture. I baked them until they were heated through, then I put mini marshmallows over the top of them and stuck them under the broiler until they were golden brown. Voila...a new sweet potato dish that I really like!! Sometimes my experiments surprise even me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment