Pin It

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tilapia with Garlic, White Wine and Butter Sauce

I'm in my office at home listening to the pouring rain and watching as red Christmas lights flicker on a house in the distance. The pool is about a half inch from overflowing and my dogs sit looking through the window in anticipation of playing outside again on a sunny day. They will have to wait awhile.

This morning as I got ready to lay out meat for our dinner tonight, I had every intention on just making a good old chicken stir fry. I haven't been making as much seafood lately and I was craving a good seafood dish. So after  having a tuna sandwich for lunch, I decided to make seafood for dinner also. I have so many seafood recipes, but I wanted to try something new. I searched the internet for a good recipe to try and found one that sounded really good. I combined it with a vegetable stir fry and I was so pleased with how it all turned out. This is a recipe keeper and I hope to make it again very soon!


Ingredients:

  • 2 lemons
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • 1/2 cup white cooking wine
  • 1 shallot or onion, minced
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed and finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup butter room temperature

FISH

  • 2 (8 ounce) white fish fillets (or tilapia)
  • 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper, ground

Directions:

  1. Juice both lemons and set aside. In a small pot, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, wine, shallot and garlic.
  2. Cook over high heat until reduced to half. Remove from heat, cool slightly. When lemon mixture is warm, cut in butter and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Brush fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill fish for 4 minutes per side, until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.
  4. Place fish in plates and top with lemon butter sauce. Serve immediately over warm pasta or with shrimp instead of fish, if you prefer.

1 comment: