This morning as I got ready to lay out meat for our dinner tonight, I had every intention on just making a good old chicken stir fry. I haven't been making as much seafood lately and I was craving a good seafood dish. So after having a tuna sandwich for lunch, I decided to make seafood for dinner also. I have so many seafood recipes, but I wanted to try something new. I searched the internet for a good recipe to try and found one that sounded really good. I combined it with a vegetable stir fry and I was so pleased with how it all turned out. This is a recipe keeper and I hope to make it again very soon!
- 2 lemons
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1 shallot or onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) white fish fillets (or tilapia)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, ground
- Juice both lemons and set aside. In a small pot, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, wine, shallot and garlic.
- Cook over high heat until reduced to half. Remove from heat, cool slightly. When lemon mixture is warm, cut in butter and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill fish for 4 minutes per side, until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place fish in plates and top with lemon butter sauce. Serve immediately over warm pasta or with shrimp instead of fish, if you prefer.