Pin It

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes

Well, I did it! I cheated and used a boxed cake mix and a tub of store bought frosting. Somehow I feel like I've committed a crime haha. I never use boxed mixes or store bought frosting, but I've had these sitting in my house for quite awhile now. I bought it on a whim one day when cake mixes were on sale for one dollar along with the frosting being one dollar! So I decided to do a little something different than just bake a dark chocolate cake. I like chocolate and peppermint together, so after I whipped up the cake mix, I added some peppermint flavoring to the batter. I baked them, cooled them off and then stirred more peppermint flavoring into the tub of frosting. After they were frosted, I drizzled melted choc chips (with a very small amount of oil stirred in) over the tops. Shake some pink sugar over the top and you are finished! I took them to my neighbors house so their grandkids and great grandkids could enjoy them. I think that's what I love about cooking and baking the most is giving it all to other people to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment