The rain is falling lightly outside. Sounds of water flowing through the dishwasher are competing with the rumbling of the washing machine. Both dogs are in a state of contentment, breathing heavily on the carpet next to me. The sugar cookie candle is flickering in the kitchen, casting an eerie glow on the kitchen blinds. The Television is turned off, the phone is silent and I can hear the "tap tap" of the keyboard as I type. All of these sights and sounds are captivating me as they attest to a home that is no longer filled with the laughter and chatter that comes with raising children, but is now a home filled with quiet contentment.
This morning I was busy making pumpkin, cream cheese rolls and this afternoon I made John and I a wonderful dinner. Tonight's dinner was Greek Scamp, Basil Cheese bread and brocolli with mozzarella cheese.
1/2 stick butter (4 Tbsp)
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp dried dill
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs, sold at the grocery store)
1 Tbsp fresh, shredded parmesan cheese ( not the kind in the shaker tub)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp paprika
10-12 extra large shrimp ( I used medium shrimp), peeled, deveined and tails left on
1. Preheat broiler with oven rack 6-8 inches from the top.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat or in the microwave in a small bowl. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Put aside.
3. Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, oregano and paprika in small bowl. Set aside.
4. Coat 2 small casserole dishes (approx 6 oz each) with Pam. Place the dishes on a baking sheet. Arrange shrimp evenly in each dish. Divide butter mixture evenly between dishes, drizzling it over the shrimp in each dish. Top with the bread crumb mixture.
5. Broil until shrimp are cooked and bread crumbs are golden brown. (5min for ex large shrimp and 4 min for medium shrimp).