2 chicken breasts, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 can diced tomatoes (approx 15 oz)
1 can chicken broth (approx 15 oz)
1 can kidney beans (approx 15 oz), rinsed
5 oz frozen corn
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Saute chicken, jalapeno, red pepper, garlic and onion in olive oil over med. heat until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are semi tender
2) Add chili, cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
3) Add tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat and simmer uncovered for about 15 min.
4) Add beans, corn, salt and pepper. Turn up heat and return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer uncovered for 15 min.
* This is best when eaten later or the next day so the flavors have a chance to really sink into the chili