Pin It

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fluer De Sel Caramels

Fluer De Sel is just a fancy name for sea salt. So if you like sweet and salty together, then you might like these caramels. The texture reminds me of Werthers Candies, in that it's hard on the outside, but after it's been in your mouth for a couple minutes it softens up to a chewy caramel. There is a link to the recipe below the picture. Mine didn't turn out as pretty as hers, but oh well, I am also not a professional cook. In the recipe, she says to "roll" the caramel....mine wouldn't roll, so I broke it into pieces.


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/fleur-de-sel-caramels-recipe/index.html

3 comments:

  1. I think these are going on my christmas platters this year =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember not to bite down into them. They are a very hard caramel until they soften in your mouth after a bit. They were sssooooo good Janine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to come here for the day and let's make them together or make goodies all day!

    ReplyDelete