Pin It

Friday, November 19, 2010

Italian Margherita Pasta


I'm so thankful as I sit here typing this tonight. God is so good to me and has blessed me beyond what I can comprehend. I actually had my first "order" for an item today. A friend from work ordered a pumpkin cream cheese roll. I took it to her house and she had a friend visiting and that friend then ordered 4 more! What a blessing! Anyway, tonight for dinner I made an Italian Margherita Pasta with chicken. It was so good and so filling. My pine nuts got a little too toasted, but they still tasted great! Lesson learned....do not try to cook on all 4 burners at once while you are on the phone ;)




For the Pasta:
8 oz dry spaghetti ( I used wheat spaghetti)
3 cups halved grape tomatoes
2 cups diced mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup thinly sliced, fresh basil
Salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Toasted Pine Nuts


For the Chicken:
2-3 boneless, skinless  chicken breasts
Olive oil, dried oregano, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes to taste

*Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
*While spaghetti is cooking, combine tomatoes and mozzarella in a large bowl. Set aside.
*Coat chicken with oil, oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook in skillet or grill until cooked through. Slice into thin strips.
* Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over med heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
* Pour oil into tomato/cheese mixture. Add the cooked pasta and stir.
* Stir in basil, season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
Divide pasta onto plates and top with chicken and toasted pine nuts.
** To toast pine nuts, place nuts in a small skillet with a little bit of olive oil. Turn fire to low- med and continue stirring till pine nuts are golden brown and toasty

No comments:

Post a Comment