Pin It

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes with Banana Buttercream Frosting and Milk Chocolate Topping

I have come to the conclusion that for me, sharing food and desserts I have made, is like sharing a piece of my heart with others. Every time I share something I have baked or made,  I want it to be that I am showing others love in a different way than just saying "I love you" or "I was thinking about you." I love making things and others generally love eating them. So tonight I decided at the last minute to make a batch of cupcakes to take to work tomorrow to share. I truly cheated tonight though and used a chocolate cupcake mix. I rarely use boxed mixes, but since I decided so late to make these and I knew I would still have to make frosting, I cheated and used a mix...but ssshh...don't tell anyone! lol

I used a boxed chocolate cake mix for the cupcakes. I then followed a recipe for banana buttercream frosting and it was way too thin, so I added a can of buttercream frosting from the store and added 2 more mashed bananas and a little bit of lemon juice (so the bananas won't turn brown). I then piped the frosting on and froze the cupcakes for about 40  min to firm up the frosting for dipping. I melted 1 cup milk chocolate chips with one Tbsp oil and stirred it together. When the chocolate mixture cools down some, dip the top of each cupcake in the melted chocolate.
**So I'm thinking you could just buy a tub of buttercream frosting and add a couple, very mashed, bananas and a tsp or so of lemon juice for your frosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment