Pin It

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Cupcake "Pies"

My friend Tammy and I got together to bake the other day. We were attempting to make "pie cakes". They are cupcakes decorated to look like pies. They were actually fairly simple, but we were lacking the right decorating tip to make the lattice tops for the pies. We had to get really creative with the tips we had. I think we accomplished it fairly well, but next time I will definitely buy the right tip before trying these again. I hope they were a hit with her family!!
All you do is bake vanilla cupcakes. Frost the top of the cupcake lightly with butter cream frosting. Place any color M&M you want to use for "fruit" on the top of the cupcake. Do not get too close to the edges as it makes it very difficult to pipe on the "crust". Tammy and I learned that the hard way! Pipe a "crust" around the edges of the cupcake. Next pipe a "lattice" over the top. Enjoy!! * I know  these don't look the greatest, but for our first try and without the right decorating tips....I think we did a pretty good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment