I love seafood!! I used to cook fish about 3-4 nights a week. I got out of the habit and started cooing a ton of chicken dishes. So tonight I made a fish that John and I have enjoyed many times. It's really easy to prepare and light and yummy! The coconut gives it a little sweetness and the lime gives it a little tang.
1/3 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 tsp finely shredded lime peel
3-4 Tilapia filets (or your favorite whitefish)
1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet
2. Combine beaten egg and coconut milk in a shallow dish
3. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, coconut and lime peel. Mix together.
4. Dip fillets into coconut milk mixture and then dredge into the coconut mixture.
5. Arrange fish onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
6. Whisk mayonnaise, mustard and lime juice together in a small bowl. Serve alongside fish