Pin It

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bacon Pineapple Bites

For those of you that love bacon, this one is a winner. I am not a big fan of bacon, but I did try this and I have to say it was actually really good. I guess I like bacon as long as there is something else to drown out it's flavor haha! The hubby ate these up and loved them!
 Now if I could just figure out a way to wrap everything in chocolate and I will be a happy camper also. ;)

 The original recipe can be found here: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/bacon-wrapped-pineapple-bites/

6 pieces of bacon, cut in half
Fresh pineapple cut into chunks, or canned pineapple chunks (in juice, not in syrup)
1/2 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375°.
Place the brown sugar in a medium bowl.
Take a bacon half and dredge it through the brown sugar.
Roll the sugar coated bacon around a chunk of pineapple.
Place the rolled bacon/pineapple onto a broiler pan, sprayed with Pam, so that the fat can drip through. Cook at 375° for 25 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil these for just a couple minutes to crisp them up. Watch them carefully as the sugar will burn fast under the broiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment