Pin It

Friday, April 6, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Banana Bites

I'm  not sure why I never thought of this idea, but I'm oh so happy that I found this "recipe" over at celebrations.com. It seems like I should have known to do this automatically...I mean come on, chocolate, bananas, peanut butter and nuts or sprinkles. What's not to love? So after dinner tonight, the hubby and I are going to tear into these bad boys! I guess you could come over and join us, but this would definitely be a BYOB party. "Bring your own bananas."
*You can also check out more great recipes over at blog.dollhousebakeshoppe.com
This is where Lindsay Ann, who created this recipe, blogs a bunch of wonderful recipes to try!

Bananas (try to get the straight kind with the least amount of curve in them)
Peanut Butter
Melted milk chocolate (you can use dark if you prefer)
Chopped nuts and/or sprinkles

Cut your bananas into 3 pieces each. You may need to trim the bottoms so they stand up on their own. Dip them about halfway up into the melted milk chocolate. Use a spoon to put on the nuts or the sprinkles all around the chocolate. Place on waxed paper to harden the chocolate. Once the chocolate is hardened, take a straw or an apple corer ( I happened to have a big thick straw left from a Boba drink I had a couple of days ago) and hollow out a strip down the center of each banana. Don't go all the way through to the bottom.
Place your peanut butter into a piping bag (or a baggie with the end cut off if you don't mind it not having a pretty top) and pipe the peanut butter into the hollowed out hole. Voila...easy dessert!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed my tutorial for Celebrations! Be sure to check out my blog (dollhousebakeshoppe.com) for more fun recipes and ideas! I will definitely feature your photo in the Dollhouse Bake Shoppe fan photo album on Facebook with a link to your blog, so be sure to find us and tag yourself! They turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be sure to check out your dollhousebakeshoppe.com blog. I am sure it will be filled with wonderful recipes. Thanks for the feature on the photo. Unfortunately I don't have a facebook anymore, so I won't be able to find you and tag myself, but thanks anyway! Keep the amazing ideas and recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete