Pin It

Friday, April 6, 2012

Mango and Black Bean, Quinoa Salad

Well, I'm not sure who "Mel" is over at www.melskitchencafe.com but I'm pretty sure she is brilliant. I love her blog, her recipes and can't wait to try more of them. This recipe is straight from her blog. I did not even alter it one bit, which is a huge surprise since I hardly ever leave recipes intact. That's how awesome this sounded when I read about it. It's super healthy, super quick to fix and oh my goodness, it's oh so yummy!

2 cups cooked quinoa, cooked in vegetable or chicken broth, at room temperature or chilled
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium mango, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
4 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper



Place 3/4 cup uncooked  and rinsed quinoa into a pot with 1 1/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth. I used chicken broth for my recipe. Bring to a slow boil and turn fire down to low and cover the pot. Cook for 30-35 minutes. Let sit until it's at room temperature.
Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add black beans, mango, red pepper, green onion, and cilantro.
In a small bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice. Whisk until the dressing is smooth and pour on top of salad. Toss to combine and add salt and pepper (add more to taste if desired). Chill the salad for at least one hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment