Pin It

Friday, April 27, 2012

S'mores Dip

After a few restless nights of sleep, I finally fell asleep last night at 7:45. Wow, I haven't been to bed that early in a very long time. There are just two words I have for myself...."old much?" I used to be able to not sleep and make it easily through the next day. Not so much anymore! That's ok....this dip is what happens when you wake up a couple of hours before you need to start getting ready for work. Besides, the students are going to be so glad I am bringing this in for them today. I usually bring what I make, to share with the staff, but this time the students get the benefits. Maybe the sugar that's in this dip will keep them going all day long. Ha Ha! Also, this dip is sssssooooooo sweet and I'm pretty sure it will satisfy those pesky, junk food cravings that hit high schoolers about every 10 minutes. Who am I kidding? Those cravings hit me at the same rate! 

1- 1/2 cups chocolate chips
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp marshmallow creme

In a medium size bowl, melt the chocolate chips and condensed milk together in the microwave, for about 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.  (mine only took 1 minute) Stir together to mix thoroughly. Spread the dip evenly into a pie tin or any other microwave safe container. Using a tablespoon, place dollops of the marshmallow creme all over the top. Place in the microwave for 40 seconds and use a knife to marble the marshmallow creme through the dip. I used my knife to pick up some of the chocolate from below to stir it back into the top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment