Pin It

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lemon Raspberry Cookies

You just have to love a cookie that is so easy to make, looks great and tastes great. I'm pretty sure the people at church that these are for, are going to love me. Wait...they love me anyway. Maybe I'll get extra loving. :) Can't beat that!
I decided to make these cookies this afternoon, after hiking for 5 miles with my hubby, daughter and some great friends. I didn't want to be on my feet for very long as they were pretty darn tired. So this was the perfect recipe. The only thing time consuming was piping out the dough onto the cookie sheet, but once I got going and found my rhythm it wasn't too bad. If you like citrus and fruit taste in your cookies, you will enjoy these!



The original recipe can be found at: http://www.grandmaskitchen.com/recipes/keepsake-cookies/lemon-heart-cookies/

*The only change I made to this recipe is that I added 2 tsp of lemon juice to the dough

1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter (2 cubes)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp zested lemon peel
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
dash of salt
2 1/4 cups flour
lemon curd
fresh raspberries


Preheat the oven to 400°. Using your electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter, sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and beat until it's creamy, 2-3 minutes.  
Add the flour and mix until a dough is formed. Place half of the dough into a pastry bag with a tip of your choice. Pipe circles and fill in the center with dough. 
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until very lightly browned.  Cool on wire racks. When the cookies are cool, pipe lemon curd or spoon lemon curd into the center of each cookie. Top with a whole raspberry or a slice of a raspberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment