Pin It

Thursday, January 13, 2011

7 up Jello

I know this sounds like a weird title for a food, but it's a jello salad my mom used to make when I was growing up. I think it was popular at church pot lucks back in the day because almost everyone had or has this recipe! The recipe calls for pineapple and I did put pineapple in it, but I think next time I will make it without the pineapple for a smoother texture. I also think I will substitute miniature marshmallows in place of the pineapple as some of the 7 up jello recipes on the Internet, call for mini marshmallows in this jello.You can make this jello with lemon or lime, but I happened to choose lime because it's my favorite of the two choices.

1 small package lime or lemon jello
1 cup boiling water
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, broken into small pieces
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup 7-up

Dissolve jello in boiling water. Add cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed, until smooth. Stir in pineapple, sugar and vanilla. Add 7-up. Stir. Refrigerate until set.

3 comments:

  1. Haha so random But it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MawMaw always made this on holidays when I was growing up. Us kids didn't know what it was called, so we called it green stuff, and we still do. My mother now makes it since maw maw passed away, and she uses pineapple and pecans in it. She also uses mini marshmallows too, disolves them in the hot jello. LOve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green stuff! Awesome title. I love how we remember foods from growing up. The memories are just as good as the food itself. The way you are preparing it sounds wonderful. I will have to give that a try myself.

    ReplyDelete