Pin It

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Oreo Truffles

I have to say a big thanks to my friend Joyce who inspired me to make these candies. I have eaten Oreo truffles many times through the years when friends have made them, but never made them myself. I have always wanted to buy a candy dipping tool and have never gotten around to doing so. I'm not sure why, since they are only a couple of dollars. I just never seem to think of it when I am at the store. Anyway, I got super creative today and made one out of a meat fork I had at home. It took me awhile to bend it, but I finally go the task accomplished! This made it so much easier to drip the excess chocolate off the bottom of the candy.
Recipe:
1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
1 16 oz package Oreo cookies
1 or 2 bags semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
1 tsp shortening

Place all the Oreo's into a food processor. Combine until crushed. Place block of cream cheese into crushed cookies. Combine with food processor until no white is left. You should have a gooey sticky chocolate paste like texture. Roll into balls. Place in refrigerator for at least one hour until firm. Melt chocolate chips and shortening together. Dip balls into melted chocolate. Drizzle with white chocolate if desired.


Onto the decorating....the fun part :)
I dipped most of them in semi sweet chocolate and drizzled white chocolate over the top.
I dipped some of them in white chocolate and drizzled semi sweet chocolate over the top.
Next I mixed some peanut butter into the white chocolate and into the semi sweet chocolate and dipped the remaining truffles  into those mixtures and then sprinkled peanuts on the top!




2 comments:

  1. These things are amazing! Joes aunt made these one time and I swear I could have gobbled the whole batch haha. Where do you find a block of solid white chocolate to dip them in? I always see milk choc at the store

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white chocolate that I use is from a candy store by my house but Stater Bros has the white chocolate candy called "almond bark" that is like a huge block of white chocolate for melting and dipping things. This is the recipe I think we could use for your hello kitty pops!

    ReplyDelete