Pin It

Monday, January 24, 2011

Lemon Rice Pilaf

So just when I thought I would be done posting lemon recipes, I got a new bag of lemons from my sister in law Denise. I really didn't feel like baking any more lemon creations, so I decided to make this lemon rice pilaf. It really tasted great and the lemon added a new depth of taste to the rice.
* I think next time I make this, I will substitute chicken broth for most of the water when I cook my rice. That will add some great flavor!! 

2 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green onion
3 cups steamed rice
1 Tbsp lemon zest (grated lemon rind)
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper


Cook your rice according to package directions. Set aside when done.
Melt butter in skillet. Add the celery and the onion and the green onion. Saute until tender. Stir in the rice, lemon rind, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat approx 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment