Pin It

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Citrus Coconut Shrimp and Scallops

This was an official "no recipe" seafood night.I had laid out some shrimp and scallops and racked my brain with what to make with them for dinner. After looking in my fruit basket and realizing that I had a lot of citrus fruits, I decided to attempt something new. My daughter had given me some grapefruits, my co-worker had shared her lemons from her tree (as we all know from all my previous "lemon" posts) and another co worker today shared some tangerines from her tree. With all these beautiful fruits and knowing that citrus and seafood go together so well, I came up with something that tasted really good. I made a marinade for the seafood out of lime juice, tangerine juice and grapefruit juice. I marinated the shrimp and scallops for approximately one hour. I then toasted some coconut in a skillet. I dredged the seafood into the coconut and placed it under the broiler until it was all cooked through. Simple huh? I had some extra of the citrus juices so we squeezed that onto the seafood to give it that extra citrus flavor! The side dish is a wonderful sweet corn cake! John  and I love brussel sprouts and they are extremely healthy, so I cooked a few of those for a vegetable tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment