Pin It

Friday, January 21, 2011

Turkey Pesto Panini

Tonight seemed like a good night to try my Panini press that I got for Christmas. It worked great and made an amazing sandwich. John and I both loved it and I will definitely be making this one again. If you don't have a Panini press, you could definitely make this by grilling the bread in a skillet and then assembling the sandwich and cooking it in the same skillet you grilled the bread in.
I love to make home made pesto sauce, but I was under time constraints tonight and chose the store bought brand. It was really tasty and I would use it again!

To make this sandwich:
1 loaf french baquette (or I used french rolls)
Original flavored Pesto (store bought is fine)
Mozzarella cheese slices
Turkey slices
Tomato slices
Fresh Basil leaves
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Olive Oil

Lightly brush olive oil on the outside of the bread. On the inside of the bread, spread pesto sauce. On top of the pesto, layer: turkey, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Place sandwich on Panini grill. Push down on grill for approx 30 seconds. Let grill for about 4-5 minutes.

*If you don't have a panini press,  just lightly brush olive oil on outside of bread. Assemble the sandiwch. Place the sandwich in a skillet turned to med-high. Use a plate or something hard to press down on the sandwich for 30 seconds. Let the sandwich cook in skillet for approx 4-5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment